Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Zack Snyder Talks SUPERMAN reboot!

With Zack Snyder's much-anticipated action fantasy SUCKER PUNCH scheduled for release next week, here is what he have to say about his upcoming SUPERMAN reboot exclusively from LatinoReview:

You've said that this new Superman was not going to be related to the previous ones and act as if they didn't exist a la "Batman Begins.” What do you want to bring to this Superman film that was not brought on the previous ones?

Zack Snyder: I don’t think it’s about trying not to do what’s been done. It’s just when I say that I mean that’s a way for us to start fresh and kind of be able to say what mythology do we want to sort of endorse or exploit. Look all of us involved with project have a great respect for Superman. Trust me when I say I want this movie to be awesome and I want Superman to be awesome, you know that’s true. It’s not so much about like what I do and don’t want to do in regards to what’s been done, we need to like…I think for the audiences stake you want us to shed that…let that weight off our shoulders so we can go and make a great movie.

Will the film have a big Kryptonian mythology?

Zack Snyder: I can’t say because it gives too much away, but it’s safe to say that we have a great respect for the character.

Being that you have strong female components in your movies, will we see a strong female character in Superman?

Zack Snyder: I can’t say of course. I wish I could straighten it out for you at this moment but I can’t really.

Come on we broke Superman stories already…

Zack Snyder: (Laughs) I feel that.

Okay how about this...Is Viggo Mortensen still a person of interest in Superman now that he’s locked into Snow White?

Zack Snyder: Yeah Viggo is not going to be in the movie let’s say that right now. I can clear that up.

Will this Superman be Luthor-Less?

Zack Snyder: I can’t answer that [laughs].

Is it true that Lois Lane has to be in the film due to legal issues?

Zack Snyder: Oh, jeez. I didn’t know that. We’re not doing anything as far as the story goes that’s influenced by any legal issue.

Can you elaborate where you are at with the film?

Zack Snyder: Yeah, we’re just in pre-production right now, we’re working every day trying to get it together and it’s looking awesome and we are going to probably start shooting at the end of the summer.

I guess this Superman film and the Donner film have something in common? They were released in December.

Zack Snyder: Oh yeah, although I’m not even sure if that date will hold but if does then that will be awesome.