Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sigourney Weaver Gives Her Opinions On AVATAR Sequels And GHOSTBUSTERS 3!

Among the most anticipated sequels currently in debate right now are none others than AVATAR and of course, GHOSTBUSTERS 3. Veteran actress Sigourney Weaver who appeared in both franchises, has something to say regarding about the upcoming projects.


On AVATAR sequels:

Question: Are you excited about James Cameron being back to work on the next Avatar film?

SIGOURNEY WEAVER: Yeah. And now we’re going to do two more, back-to-back.


Question: How will you return? Didn’t your character die?

SIGOURNEY WEAVER: Really? That’s an interpretation. You saw something happen to me, but as [Cameron] says, “In science fiction, no one ever dies.” But, we’ll talk another time about that.


On GHOSTBUSTERS 3:

Question: Is there any update on Ghostbusters 3?

SIGOURNEY WEAVER: I was hoping you could tell me. I guess Bill [Murray] hasn’t read the script yet.

Question: Would you do it, even if Bill said no?

SIGOURNEY WEAVER: No, I don’t think any of us would do it, if Bill said no. Why would we do that? I think the whole point is to get together and have fun.

Question: So, it’s all riding on Bill?

SIGOURNEY WEAVER: Yeah, and he probably loves that. No, I think he’s just been busy. He’s over in England playing Franklin D. Roosevelt. That’s what I heard, anyway.

Question: Can’t you call him up and put some pressure on him to read the script?

SIGOURNEY WEAVER: I would never do that! I don’t think that works with Bill. I did actually ask him about doing The Guys, so called the 800 number and left a message, but when he doesn’t respond, you know that he’s not interested. It’s actually a pretty good system. I envy him, in a way. No email, no phone calls, no agent. I don’t know what he does. He doesn’t do any of that.

Question: Do you have any idea where the story would go?

SIGOURNEY WEAVER: I haven’t read the script. They were working on it. I talked to Ivan Reitman and I said, “I only have one request, and that is that my little son, Oscar, would grow up to be a Ghostbuster,” and he said, “That’s already done!” So, I don’t know anything about it and, frankly, I’m glad because I don’t want to get attached to doing it, if Bill is not going to come through. We’ll see what he wants to do.