Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Whoa... Steven Spielberg Is Considering JAWS Sequel?

JAWS (1975) was one of Steven Spielberg's best movies of all time. Three sequels followed, and none of them came close to match the successful original.

Now along come a surprising news, in which during an interview with Ain't It Cool, Spielberg mentioned the possibility of JAWS sequel. Read the excerpt below.

Quint: Do you have any idea what you would have done with a sequel?

Steven Spielberg: No, no idea at all, but I have a very, very good scene which I thought would have been good for a sequel someday, which I will tell you someday because I don’t want it in print.

Quint: Okay.

Steven Spielberg: But I’ll tell you my scene some day. Every time I think of this scene I think, “Hmmm, could this be another Jaws movie?” and I have to immediately stop myself and immediately pull myself back down to Earth.

Well, personally, a movie like JAWS should be left alone. Any thought of sequel or whichever follow-up is always a bad idea.