Monday, June 6, 2011

JJ Abrams Confirms STAR TREK Sequel Will Be His Next!

After the critical and box-office success of 2009's STAR TREK reboot, director J.J Abrams have been long wanted to do a sequel. Yet he keeps delaying his promise and made other projects instead (namely: this summer's SUPER 8). Now according to Cinema Blend, J.J. Abrams has finally moves forward for his long-delayed sequel of STAR TREK. Here's what he had to say below.

The next thing we’re working on, and hopefully we’ll be able to pass information out sooner or later, is the next Star Trek.

Well, despite his confirmation, it still isn't clear how much longer we need to wait that sequel to be materialized. Paramount has already set their target release date on June 29, 2012 but the real question is: Can Abrams make it?

I care much more that it be good than it be ready. I’m, obviously doing everything I can to make sure that schedules don’t get screwed up. But I don’t think anyone wants a movie on time that’s not worth your time. We want to make sure it’s done right. The guys I’ve been working with are obviously brilliant so I’m really excited to get back into it. So this is something I’ve been working on pretty closely, so in part they’re like, fine we’ll meet you to discuss.”

Plus, Abrams is doubtful whether he will make the sequel in 3D or not since it becomes a trend these days.

I’m not yet considering it, but you know, I haven’t gotten any phone call from people in suits. I know what’s good for me.” 


Well, what do you think? Is shooting in 3D format really that necessary for STAR TREK sequel?