Friday, June 10, 2011

Mark Romanek Is Out Of The Director's List For THE WOLVERINE

Well, this is sad. Personally I would like to see how independent director Mark Romanek can do for his first big-budget superhero movie, THE WOLVERINE. Unfortunately that's not the case anymore since Digital Spy has reported that Romanek will not direct the movie. Previously the director who helmed 2002's ONE HOUR PHOTO and 2010's NEVER LET ME GO, was reportedly shortlisted with Duncan Jones (SOURCE CODE), Justin Lin (FAST FIVE) and Doug Liman (THE BOURNE IDENTITY). Here's what he had to say about his departure.

"That's just one of those stories that floated around. I was on their list, I received the script months ago. It didn't seem like my kind of thing. That script was a terrific version of that kind of thing, but not something I felt really passionate about."