Tuesday, September 6, 2011

John Carpenter To Fulfill Lifelong Dream To Make Western Movie


Throughout his illustrious career, veteran director John Carpenter had made horror (HALLOWEEN, THE THING), sci-fi (ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK), fantasy (BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA) and action (ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13) but you'll be surprised that he never touch western genre before. However Carpenter himself admitted he always wanted to make a western. And now he might finally have his chance. Here's what he had to say below.

I'm right now working on a little gothic western, we'll see if we can get it set up.

I got into this business to make westerns. And I got typecast as a horror director after Halloween. My dream was to have a career in directing movies and so I went where they wanted me to go.

Carpenter is doing gothic western? Bring it on!