Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sylvester Stallone Talks About His Casting Decision In THE EXPENDABLES 2!


So far the all-star ensemble cast for THE EXPENDABLES 2 is spot-on excellent. Aside from Sylvester Stallone himself, it's good to hear that Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger are returning as well. Then there are some interesting new cast in the much-anticipated sequel. And for that, here's what he had to say below.

We'll have a big showdown between me and Jean-Claude Van Damme, which has been anticipated for a long time, so it should be a good one.

Yup, you read that right! I can't wait to see Stallone and Van Damme going mano-a-mano for the first time!

Wait, there's more! He also talked about the casting decision of John Travolta.

It's possible. The one thing I've learned is what is a fact on Monday is a complete fallacy on Tuesday. A lot of it is scheduling. It's not financial. It's just that Bulgaria is definitely a jaunt. It's a commitment, you know what I mean? Especially in the dead of winter.

As for the rest of the new cast, here's what he thought.

We've got Chuck Norris and I think Nicolas Cage. We're trying to work out different scenarios. I like using people that had a moment and then maybe have fallen on some hard times and give them another shot. So we're always looking for actors like Michael Biehn and Michael Paré. I like those kinds of guys. Someone did it for me and I like to see if I can do it for them. We also need some new blood in there, a Navy Seal-type, because with the The Expendables none of them have 20-20 vision anymore. They need some help, man.